- Designed for experienced users:
- hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- it may be optimally used on all 9.4 to 10.3 mm dynamic single ropes (possible for 8.9 mm to 11 mm ropes)
- diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- compact and very light at 170 g
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2's design allows for better descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope.
- Weight: 170 g
- Rope compatibility: single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter
- Material(s): aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): CE EN 15151, UIAA
References D14BG D14BY D14BT Color(s) gray yellow turquoise Guarantee 3 years 3 years 3 years Packing 1 1 1 Price $99.95 $99.95 $99.95